Friday 28 October 2011

Behind The Barrier

When you've been in a certain place, for a certain amount of time, even the most obscure of sights seem relatively normal.  When I first arrived here my eyes struggled to believe the sights that flashed before them.  The hunched figures in the forest plucking mushrooms, the backdrop of my daily vision reminiscent of a fairy tale woodland.  Horses and carts substituted for blacked out Bentleys and flags on aerials indicating that King Putin of Rublevskoe Zhukovka's kingdom is in the vicinity.  I walk alongside Ferrari's and eat caviar sandwiches. I pass a lady fresh from cosmetic surgery enveloped in mink walking her pooch, her face still encased in bandages.  Dubbed "The Beverly Hills of Moscow", it is easy to draw such comparisons.  Though unlike its U.S counterpart, this community of surrealism is tucked away deep in the forest.  Barriers prohibit an outsiders glare into this realm of intrigue and mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment