Tuesday 24 January 2012

The American Dream.




I like the way people on their bikes smile, ring their bells and say hello.
Trash chutes, water bowls in banks for dogs.
"I'm really, really fantastic thanks M'am'.

Subway gives your change through a shoot and ice cream tubs turn into vats.
People call nail polish 'hot' and a small queue in at the pharmacy is "retarded".





Wheelchairs have priority on public transport and OAP's wear gold lame bikini's and roller blades.


I like the way life is sunny and glossy, as though the state has been varnished with honey
coating its landscape and inhabitants.

I'm not sure that I could permanently relocate to the 'Sunshine State', but I'm joyful to watch, to learn and appreciate this bright 'sunny side up' way of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment