Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Grass is always Greener


My friend Stephanie asked me "If I could be anyone else who would it be?".  It could be due to any number of reasons, because you admire their style, opinions, music or outlook on life.  There have been many people I have looked to for inspiration throughout my life, my sister, friends, family and of course celebrities. 


In recent years my icon has been television presenter/model/writer/d.j/fashionista all rolled into one- Alexa Chung.  The main objective of Steph's University project was to explore the idea of how admiration for others is a chain effect and will come full circle. 


As human beings existing in a society which places individuals up on pedestal, it is only natural that we look to others in admiration.  Some may call it insecurity, but the reality is that we all search for inspiration from others be it due to their physicality, abilities or talents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment