Monday 12 September 2011

My precious China dolls swing into town :)



Will never forget that moment when I saw five of my best friends coming through arrivals at H.K airport.  I had been so excited that day and Cherry and Andy (two of my favourite students) helped me to make a sign to greet them with!  A flurry of giddyness and joy ensued and we took two taxi's to their hostel in North Point.  The next evening we went to Temple Street night market in Jordan and got some local food out on the street.  A rummage around the market for fake goodies followed and I'll never forget the moment when we were taking the MTR back and I felt so lucky to be in such a foreign place with such familiar faces.  Normally commutes consist of everyone playing Angry Birds on their iphones or catching forty winks between stops.  Here I now was with my school friends laughing and joking and loving every precious moment.  
Noodles and Tsing Taos with my chicas

After busting off from work on the friday night I met the girls at Hutong in Tsim sha tsui.  A celebratory meal to mark the start of our holidays together :) We had a delightful asian feast and washed it down with some signature cocktails.  We then went to Aqua to continue the celebrations and met a pretty comical geeza called Sam!

Aqua

Shangri la
The next day we went for a meander along the Avenue of Stars where the girls secured a pretty hefty fanbase following of tourists looking for a photograph.  We then took the Star Ferry over to Central and had a wander around the shops, locked in the citys saturday night buzz.




Next stop Thailand! We flew into Koh Samui airport and stayed a couple of nights there before heading over to Koh Phangan for the full moon party.  Over on the island we stayed in beautiful beachfront bungalows and savoured every moment of being in such a tropical paradise.  Sunbathing by day and slowly the sun would set as the chill out tunes played.  We had such a fun filled time, going over to Koh Tao for snorkelling in a thunderstorm, hiring a jeep to go and see the elephants and waterfalls.  Sampling the delicious Thai cuisine and having precious quality time.  Leaving the girls to head back to HK I felt overcome with appreciation and joy to have them in my life :) 


Taking in the vista at the pier in Koh Samui

Hayles having a sweet moment in her Thai egg capsule :)

Full mooning :)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment