Tuesday 6 September 2011

Y entonces...

Tape gripped around the return parcel
emerging from behind the stacked cases.

Take me back to that month we just had,
back to that foreign bed, I rested my busy head.

Just as i'd left it, pad pushes at the buzzer
"Hola Blanca, estoy aqui" deja vu, door unlocks
I take the lift.  Met with a warm
and familiar embrace.
We smile and chat.  I unpack, wander
more decided and get caught in the haven
colouring in the bits I missed before.

I see Cherry waiting at the fountain
scribbling away in her minds consumption.
We walk together, laugh and joke.
Cafe con leches, 1 euro hamburguesa con queso
stop at the bike shop.  Stretch Armstrong,
shoes on sand, lo siento. 
Chino shop rummaging, spinning the tunes.

"I've got to get a new moby".
Erasmus + Razzmatazz = Errazmattazz.

Chubby face, family portrait. 
That cringe moment when you come back
from the toilets and everyone is talking. 
Lilly Martini, "donde esta Marcus?"
Calle Brosselli, tangerine fight.
Crystal Castles day and night.


The distant pattering in my ear.
 
The hustle of el Born.

Danissimos, injectados, "geeet in"
cocktails with Batman,
Caga Tio and steel drums.
"Yo quiro spaghetti, quien come?"
Lykke Li, Little bit.  Kazoo.
Plaza Gaudi, the joyous one.

Soup Sundays, the cup of life
The don that is simon.
Quite small, get your creep on.
Spaghetti with siracha
post night out.
Stephanie Lopez, scotch on the rocks,
forex currency exchange, I don't know a lot.
Extra pimiento, samosas and Estrella.
Aqua cerveza sangria... aqua, cerveza
sangira.

Slipping through the iron door
as the girls still slumbered.
Pastel painted Virgin Mary,

lines of beds
made up for the night.
"You eat rice on la Rambla?"
"Soy un Canguro."







Pounding heart swept
into a flurry
I wait for you
on the same bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment